Sunday 6 November 2011

Unit 1 Part A the process of session:session 10

Date: the first part of the session hold at  10am-2pm of 04/11/2011
the second part of the session hold at 10 am-2pm of  08/11/2011. 


At the session:
The 10th session is my stain-glass and the medallions glass creating session with Criss, the reason for the session that I hope my artwork could not only are 2D works, but also has 3D works, as well as, i enjoying the lucency of the glass, the little balloon in the glass like as bring the live for the glass artwork. 


1. Criss and i picked up one of zentangla's painting as the sample work for the stain-glass.   

















2. Firstly, we discussed how to divide up the pieces in the stain-glass, then we decided there would have 16 pieces glass to make of the stain-glass.

3. Criss showed me many different colours glass, through compare these colours together, then we discussed to use 4 different colours to make of the stain-glass.


4. Criss guided me to fill the glass cutter with oil which could creates a smoother score line. 

5. I practiced to apply a moderate pressure as move the cutter from one edge of the glass to the other edge which followed the line Criss draw, and making score lines. Then, I practiced to bending and breaking by the pilers which are centered on the score lines.



6. The pen coped the shape from my sample work on the sunspace of glass, one by one and marked the code of them. Then made score lines and bended them. It is very difficultly for me to bend the glass, due to there has curve in the score line, I spent a all of power from my head to foot.




7. Criss helped me to wash the cut glass.

8.We mixed the glass frost, black power with water together, we wear respirator and rubber glove to avoid danger.  

9. I copied and painted the shape from my sample work on the sunspace of glass, and use hard stick to rubbed the needless lines.





10. I done all the job for the cutting, bending and painted for these 14 pieces glass. Criss putted them in the oven to dry the painting. 


Second part:


11. We compare the glass to the sample and mark the excrescent part, and I grind the glass to fit the sample one by one on the grinding machine , it spent more than one hour until it match the sample very well and there haven't big gap between each other.


12. Copper foil the glass on each edges and in tight curves avoid cracks in the foil cause of the high degree by soldering iron.


13. Use pencil to smooth out the the foil on the front,back and side, and put back all pieces of glass in order.


14. Criss taught me how to use the soldering iron and electrify it to be hot. I applied the flux on the glass, if without the flux,the solder might not stick to the foil. 


15. I was putting the soldering iron on the tin and run it, then after seconds the settled tin jointed the glass together and I tried to have a smooth surface of the  Settled tin.  I soldered the both side and edge of the stained glass. 


16. Wash and clear the surface.


17. A pieces of stained glass have been done.


I do enjoyed the session with Criss, the glass creating have clearly process and crafts, every step of the process could to effect the impression of the artwork.
Also, the talking with the american glass artist bring the interesting impression that she is unswerving in pursuit of her dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment